Your donations have made it possible for Hope4Congo to send 20 soccer balls and 500 French tracts to the DRC recently. These items will be used to share the gospel.
You may remember our priority to invest in the training and equipping of leadership partners in Congo. One such partner is Kalenga. He proved himself to be a good leader among the youth last year.
This year he will again be involved with the youth. Using his good judgment, he will distribute these soccer balls and French tracts at upcoming youth events. It is wonderful to see our efforts to develop leadership coming to fruition.
The leadership coaching team (led by Charles Buller) is in DRC again this month. They began this month in the Bandundu region conducting transformational coaching seminars. This week they worked in Mukedi and will finish the week in Kikwit.
In conjunction with these seminars, they have conducted youth rallies and soccer practices through which they introduced principles of joining God’s team and winning in life.
The leadership team’s activities culminate in soccer games on Saturday along with the final Kikwit seminar.
Charles Buller stated: “We believe God’s Spirit, our presence, and your prayers will result in great fruitfulness for God’s kingdom.”
• Continue to pray for the seminars and youth rally/soccer events.
• Pray for effective ministry and open hearts to hear and apply the teaching.
• Pray for safe travel as seminar team members return to their respective homes.
• Pray that donation monies spent on soccer balls and French tracts
will bear good fruit—fruit that remains.
• Pray for wisdom, encouragement, and safety for Kalenga.
• Continue to pray for peace in the DRC so that God’s Word may spread throughout the country.
• The town of Beni has faced repeated incidents of violent persecution against Christians from Muslim rebels, including an attack on a hospital. Pray for peace to return to this town and for those who have suffered physical and/or emotional trauma.
© 2018 Hope4Congo